Model and actress Dita Von Teese is known for her distinctive retro glamour looks. From the bold red lips to her porcelain skin to her old-school waved hairstyles, there is no denying that Dita always looks perfectly pulled together.
Recently, after perusing her Twitter feed, I discovered some of her beauty secrets she's posted throughout the past few weeks, many responses from questions posed by her followers. If you're a fan of Dita's vintage styles, check out some of her tips, favorite products, and more of what she has to say about her future plans. Just keep reading.
- A quick sweep of powder, lipstick/gloss, sunglasses, and a simple chignon is all one needs to be chic at the airport! [It] takes 15 minutes.
- My favorite foundation is L'Oréal True Match ($11). I use N1. It's Cher's favorite, too.
- [I] love red lipstick with fab packaging. YSL, Dior Rouge Bingo, Guerlain Excess de Rouge ($30) is a fave.
- Sadly, matte lipsticks are becoming extinct, especially in the drugstore. Everything is glossy. I like MAC Ruby Woo ($12).
- Red nail polishes . . . Essie Fishnet Stockings ($8) [and], MAC Rougemarie ($12) are my faves.
- [I] love '40s nail, '50s eye, and fluctuate between '30s, '40s, and '50s hair. But, '40s is my fave era.
- I wore Quelques Fleurs ($95) forever, but lately have been wearing Dior's Passage No. 4 ($490) — but, working on something special fragrance-wise. . .
- I am currently writing a beauty book, in fact. It will probably be out this time next year. It's a big project.
Will you read Dita's beauty book, or wear her perfume?