- Use more than one mascara: Lots of readers suggested this one, with most using two mascaras and some using up to three.
- When mascara gets too thick: Reader Christienne says that "one drop of Coca-Cola works wonders for unglumping and thinning just the right amount!"
- For really straight lashes: Using a heated curler and a couple different mascaras (especially ones with fiber) can help them defy gravity.
- For long, curly lashes: Try reader Ellenora's trick, which is to apply mascara while looking down into a mirror. "You won't get mascara all over your eyelids and ruin your pretty eye makeup," she says.
- Wiggle room: Wiggle your brush through your lashes instead of just applying it straight up and down. It really does make a huge difference.
- For glossy, healthy-looking lashes on the cheap: Reader Smashboxchick has a good tip: "I apply Aquaphor to my lashes the night before to moisturize and condition them and make them appear longer."
- For maximum fullness and curl: Apply mascara to the undersides and tops of your lashes.
Image Source: Thinkstock