- Francis started by prepping the hair with Phytovolume Actif Spray, blow-drying with his hands to achieve volume at the roots. For the back portion, he directed the hair down, and on the sides, he used his fingers to direct the hair back.
- Once the hair was about halfway dry, he spritzed on Fekkai Tousled Wave spray to thicken the texture. Francis then created a side part that began at the arch of Evan's eyebrow.
- Next, starting at the part, he used a 3/4-inch curling iron to wrap small sections around the barrel. Once he moved toward the other eyebrow, his next row of sections alternated the direction of the curl. "This emulates an imperfect version of a finger wave," he explained.
- Francis continued with alternating the curl until he reached the top, side section. At the crown of the head, he curled the hair like normal, alternating the pattern about three rows down.
- To finish, he applied Jonathan Dirt Texturizing Paste for a tight texture on the sides. Pantene Pro-V Restore Beautiful Lengths Smoothing Balm was used on the top and raked through to break up the curls. A spritz of L'Oréal Elnett hair spray gave hold to the style.
Image Source: WireImage