Congratulations to the blushing bride! With all there is to plan and think about, you mustn't forget to take care of yourself. You will want to look and feel your very best on this special day! I have compiled a checklist with a loose time line of all things beauty so that you can prepare, schedule and prioritize everything from buffing to bronzing!
This first installment will focus on what you'll need to do to get ready six months or more before the big day. We wouldn't want to leave any stones unturned now would we? You're going to be simply gorgeous dahling!
To read about the necessary beauty preparations you'll need to explore six months or more before the wedding,
Six Months or More Before The Wedding
- Make-up Flip through magazines and online to find looks you like - now is the time to make as many exploratory makeup consultations as you wish. Talk about the look you desire and test out different products and colors. It is always a good idea to bring a camera with you so you can see how the look will photograph.
Once you are pleased with a look, hire a professional makeup artist. Also, I suggest purchasing any products (lipstick, powder, eyeliner) that you think you will use for touch ups throughout the evening. Another tip: find a foundation that matches both your neck and face - and apply to both, I promise it will look terrific in photos.
- Hair Again, flip through magazines and online to find looks you like. Play away and get a few consultations to decide on a hair look that makes you feel elegant and happy. Bring your camera to these appointments as well. Then, choose your headpiece (if you desire one) and book your hair stylist for the big day. Also, keep in mind that you may be wearing a veil for the ceremony. Lastly, make a hair appointment about two weeks before the big day for any last cuts, highlights or color.
- Face Visit a dermatologist or esthetician to decide on a skin care regimen for the next few months. Also, discuss a time line for facials and any special treatments you are considering (i.e. removing sun spots, blemish scars, botox). If you are planning to get a self tanner application, now is the time to test out the colors and brands that you like.
- Begin making regular manicure and pedicure appointments weekly or bi monthly if you wish to grow out your nails for the wedding. This is a great way for mini relaxation breaks. It will keep your hands soft and your cuticles, nails and toes in great shape. This is also a good time to test nail colors for the wedding.
- Body Try and get into the habit of exfoliating your skin at least once a week. Also, be sure to wear sunscreen at all times and remember to moisturize!
As for the condition of your body, now is a good time to take things up a notch at the gym focusing on arms, back and core strengthening. Check out all of FitSugar's awesome suggestions! Also, exercise gives you more energy and will help alleviate stress.