We've already had a sneak peek at the Fall 2008 Python Collection from Giorgio Armani Beauty, but get ready for Lip Wax ($26) this September. These six highly pigmented lip colors are intended to be applied with your fingers. They can be worn on your cheeks and lips and have a matte finish. Really, the best way to describe them is as a designer stain.
They come packaged in sleek, black circular compacts with a mirror on the top and the product on the bottom, but the most notable feature is the texture. Wax can be slimy and oily, but this is dry, smooth, and elegant. It feels velvety on your lips and it's virtually weightless. Instead of having the heavy feeling of lipstick, think of it more like a second skin.
Lip Wax can be worn alone if you like the look of a raw, satiny finish, or it can be worn under a gloss if you're looking for more of a sheer and shiny effect. For a description of each of the six Lip Wax shades, which range from nude to deep wine, and to see a couple close-up images,
- N°1 Nude Beige is a touch lighter than your natural lip color.
- N°2 Antique Rose is a blushing pink.
- N°3 Sienna is a burnt, warming lip stain.
- N°4 Raspberry is a deep and serious pinkish-purple.
- N°5 Cardinal Red is a bright and true sheer red shade.
- N°6 Deep Chianti is an extremely rich berry color.