Gwen Stefani epitomizes the Glam-o-Rama Gal. She has a glamorous, Old Hollywood style - best exhibited when she played Jean Harlow in the 2004 movie The Aviator. One thing is for sure: Gwen never, ever shows up with anything less than a glammed up face. Her signature red lips have made their mark on her career almost as much as her songs and her L.A.M.B. clothing line.
To find out how to recreate Gwen's well-defined eyes and glamorous red lips at home,
- Begin with your eyes. Sweep a pure white eye shadow over your entire lid. Then either wet an eye liner brush and dip it into a black shadow to create a liquid liner or use a liquid liner pen. Drawing a thin line starting from the inner corners of your eye work your way out. Thicken it as it reaches your outer corners and let the liner go about 3mm past your eye to create that glamorous cat shape.
- Next, use a black eyeliner pencil to line the inside of your upper lash line and the very inner corner of your bottom lash line.
- Curl your lashes and apply two coats of black mascara to both your top and bottom lashes.
- On your face, use a fair foundation and make sure it's blended well to a flawless finish. Next, use a light pink cream blush to contour your cheekbones. Start just below your cheekbones and work your way outward and upward toward your hairline.
- Then, outline your lips using a true red lip liner. When you are finished, use a lip brush to blend the liner up so that you diminish the signs of a definite line.
- Lastly, apply a rich red lipstick to your lips with a lip brush. Start from the corners and work towards the center of your mouth. You can also add a dab of clear lip gloss to the center of your bottom lip as a final touch.
Gwen's favorite red lipstick is Jezebel Lipstick by Urban Decay, but this color has been discontinued. Try Red Stiletto by Lancôme Color Design, $20, pictured here with Gwen; it's a similar color that will compliment fair skin. Don't forget to top off your Glam-o-Rama Gal look with flirty red nail polish!