The shower stall can become crowded with all your beauty must haves. Well, now it's time for some Spring cleaning (even though it's still Summer). Find out the products that you should keep at arm's length this season, and everything else you can stow until Winter.
1. Scrub: Exfoliation is a key step to keeping your skin smooth and glowing year-round. Plan to do a scrub at least twice a week. It will help you shave away the smallest hairs, and if you plan to use self-tanner, you'll get a more even glow. We like Fresh Body Polish ($38).
2. Razor: Even though you should keep your blades dry between uses, you still want to have a razor nearby for a last-minute hairy situation. Store your razor in a plastic travel soap container to keep rust at bay.
3. Self-tanner: The shower is the best place to take all your sunless tan experiments. Why? It will minimize the mess and make it easier to repeat once a week. Try a water-activated formula like Diana B. 60 Second Miracle Tan ($50).
4. Conditioner: Now's the time to minimize your shampoo routine to keep strands from drying out. Skip washing your hair every day, and opt to cleanse with conditioner instead. You can also eliminate the blow-dry step in your hair routine. Spritz in a leave-in conditioner and air-dry for an easy, fuss-free look.
5. Pumice stone: Summer sandals can do damage to your feet, especially their soles. Remedy dry, cracked heels with a pumice stone. Use it on wet feet and follow up with a heavy cream and socks each night.
6. Body oil: Lotion can be too heavy for scorching temperatures. To avoid slick legs later on, reach for a body oil like The Body Shop Beautifying Oil ($14). Apply before you leave the shower while wet. Then pat dry with a towel to get a glistening effect.