YumSugar and I saw this picture of America Ferrara at TRL, and we've been reduced to saying things like, "Wow, she sure is pretty!" I like her look here because it's simple, and it lets her beautiful complexion take center stage. It's a good example of makeup that just makes you look fresh and natural, not like you're wearing makeup.
Check out Fab's guide to America's outfit, and for instructions on how to get this makeup look,
- Foundation: America has beautiful freckles, and if you're similarly blessed, let them show through. Cover any blemishes and under-eye circles with a concealer, but leave the rest of your face bare. If you do decide to use a foundation, try a tinted moisturizer or a mineral makeup foundation—stay away from anything matte. Dust a powder highlighter on places where the sun would hit your face—the bridge of your nose, your cheekbones, and temples.
- Lips: Apply a semi-sheer pink lip gloss to lips.
- Cheeks: Choose a peach-pink or bronze-pink blush. (If your skin color is close to America's or darker, go with bronze pinks; if it's lighter, stick with the peachy pinks.) Smile, then use a blush brush to apply a light dusting of blush on the apples of cheeks.
- Eyes: Apply a neutral beige shadow to the eyelid, then a slightly lighter one just below the orbital bone. Line the inner eyelid (below your upper lashes) with a brown-black eyeliner. Be sure to use one with a soft edge, not a sharp pencil point. Repeat the process on the bottom eyelid, but this time, use a mossy green liner on the lower lash line. Curl your lashes, then apply a coat of black mascara.
- Brows: Use a non-shimmery eye shadow or brow powder that matches your hair color. Dip a brow brush into the powder, then tap it to remove excess powder. Brush the powder through your brows to define them.
Check out my shopping suggestions here: