My sister has a full-time job, twin boys, and not a whole lot of time to spend on her hair. So, she asked me to help her create a look that was fun, easy, and — most importantly — fast.
Since braids and twists are trendy and flattering on just about everyone, I used that concept as my inspiration. And as she worked from home over the holidays, I got out the basics: a brush, some hairspray, and a ponytail holder. Here's what we did:
- Spray hair with hairspray to create a smooth surface. Next, pull hair back into a low ponytail.
- Using your fingers to separate hair above ponytail holder, create a hole.
- Lift ponytail up and over ponytail holder, right into the hole you created. Push hair all the way through.
- Pull ponytail outwards to tighten, and you're finished.
- Optional: Loosen twist by lightly separating with fingers for a softer effect. Add a barrette à la Nicole Kidman for a fancy finish.