At the 30th Annual Carousel of Hope Ball last week, Nicole Richie punctuated a flawless, radiant complexion with a shot of black liquid liner. Her look has a rocker edge but still looks pretty and elegant, perfect for holiday cocktails (and as you can see, strategically-placed shimmer looks amazing in pictures).
- Start with a clean, exfoliated, and moisturized face. Apply your favorite foundation with a brush for even coverage, or try an airbrush foundation like Dior DiorSkin AirFlash Spray Foundation.
- Apply a highlighter with a small brush on your cupid's bow, the tops of your cheeks, the inner corners of your eyes, and on your brow bones. Try YSL's new Touche D'Or Golden Touch for the face.
For the rest of the look, read more.
- Apply a rosy blush with a hint of shimmer, like NARS Super Orgasm Blush.
- Line the water line of the eye with a gold pencil (like Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeliner in Antiqued Gold) and the top with a black liquid liner, creating a wing. Follow with lots of black mascara.
- Use an ultra-shiny lip gloss in a pale shade, like Maybelline Shiny-licious Lip Gloss in Coconut Cream, which has a pearly finish.
- With a big, bushy brush, conservatively apply a luminizing face powder like LORAC Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder on places where the sunlight would hit your face, like the highest point on your chin, cheekbones, nose, and forehead. Test on your arm and be sure to tap the brush to make sure you don't use too much.