If we were talking chakras, the sixth one (or third eye) is considered the center of wisdom and intuition. In certain Eastern and Western traditions, this chakra is located right between the eyebrows, and carries mystical meaning. When stimulated, this chakra (or energy center) opens up the doors to the subconscious. Ahhh.
But, if we're talking third eyes in the makeup realm, we're looking at something completely different. To achieve some self-enlightenment on your own, follow my few simple tricks to enhance the best features of your eyes.
Look at your pretty eyes straight on in the mirror. Generally speaking, well-proportioned eyes have one eye length in between. If there is more than one eye length, your eyes are probably wide-set. If there is less than one eye length, your eyes are probably close-set. Which do you have?
While all lengths are equally beautiful, follow my how-to below to achieve your best look for both close-set and wide-set eyes. You'll want to read more now.
Wide-set eyes — The goal is to reduce the space between the eyes by using darker colors in the inner corners:
- Light shade — Apply to the outer two-thirds of the lid. Start at the lashes and blend up, stopping at the browbone. For added emphasis, you can sweep outward to the outer corners.
- Dark shade — Apply to the inside third of your eye, from lashline to browbone. Concentrate in the inner v, and blend upwards following the bridge of the nose as a guideline. As always, blend, blend, blend.
- Line — Apply eyeliner from inner to outer corners on both top and bottom.
Close-set eyes — The goal is to open up the space between the eyes by using lighter colors in the inner corners:
- Light shade — Apply to the inner third of the lid from lashes to browbone, following the bridge of the nose as you go.
- Medium to dark shade — Apply to the outer two-thirds of your eye, from lashline to browbone. Concentrate color on the far corners of your eyes, slightly extending past your natural line for added emphasis. As always, blend, blend, blend.
- Line — Apply eyeliner to only the outer thirds of the lashlines, both top and bottom.