- Don't be afraid to test, test, test: "What might work for your best friend might not work for you," says Norenius. So practice a little patience, and eventually you'll get the results you're looking for.
- Think in sections: Make the application process all the more mess- and streak-free by applying your self-product in sections. "It really helps in learning how to deal with situations like brown palms and yucky elbows and knees," she explains. She even has a series of application videos on her brand's website to help provide assistance with the process.
- Two shades up: For the most natural-looking "tan," just go two shades up from your actual coloring.
- Back up: The back is one of the hardest sections to apply product to, and that's why Norenius suggests using a product that comes with a back applicator. "It's like an extended arm that reaches the square of the back," she clarifies.
- And as far as maintenance goes: For maintaining your glow, Norenius recommends keeping the skin as hydrated as possible. A moisturizer with a tiny bit of sheen will help brighten the skin, and a touch of brightly pigmented gloss and some mascara will give your look a fresh finish.