Most of us, at one time or another, will get restless with our hair color. Depending on the shade you choose, though, it can be an extremely satisfying or a pretty traumatic experience — especially if you're doing the color at home. So to help you get a cool new brunette shade with ease, we've found some sweet hues for your hair and skin tones. To find out which one is right for you, just keep reading.
- If you're fair-skinned with cool undertones: Try a dark ash brown like L'Oreal Excellence Hair Color in Dark Ash Brown 4A ($7). The ash will complement your coloring, and the deep shade will create a stunning contrast between your hair and skin.
- If you're fair-skinned with warm undertones: A rich golden brown like L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss in Golden Chocolate ($10) will be totally fetching on you.
- If you're medium-skinned with cool undertones: A light beige brown like Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme in 60 Light Natural Brown ($8) will make your skin look bright and healthy without ruddiness.
- If you're medium-skinned with warm undertones: Try a sexy auburn shade to play up your eyes and make your skin look peachy, like Frederic Fekkai Salon Color 8R Light Auburn ($30).
- If you're deep-skinned with cool undertones: Instead of going a warm-toned brown or red, try a "soft black" like Frederic Fekkai Salon Color in 2N Soft Black ($30), which has both brown and ash tones in it that will play up your eyes.
- If you're deep-skinned with warm undertones: Give yourself a pretty, rosy look with a mahogany shade like Dark and Lovely Permanent Hair Color in Darkest Brown ($7).