Taking on a hair legend like Rapunzel can't be easy, but Mandy Moore seems up to the challenge. The star of Disney's Tangled is the voice of the heroic hair-whipping princess. And while the story's heroine wears her hair down, Mandy wore hers in a whimsical bun for the movie's premiere. For our suggestions on re-creating Mandy's tangled bun, keep reading.
- On partially dry hair, spray on a texturizing hair spray like Short and Sexy Hair Play Dirty ($15).
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail and secure loosely with an elastic hair tie.
- With a small comb, lightly tease your ponytail.
- Use your hands to lightly smooth teased strands into a bun. Secure with bobby pins, but leave one small section of hair loose.
- Wrap the loose section around the base of your bun, covering the hair elastic, and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Smooth the back of your hair with a glossy finishing pomade like Modern Organic Products Glisten High Shine Pomade ($16).
- Finish the look by pulling small tendrils near your ears. Twirl them around your fingers for loose curls.