For a Cinnamon-Bun Style:
- For control and to prevent flyaways, first apply a gel to your hair. Next, gather your locks back into a high-slung ponytail.
- Smooth out any bumps by lightly combing through and patting down with a comb.
- Twist the ponytail several times and then wrap it around the hair elastic to form a coil shape. Essentially, you want the shape to look like a cinnamon bun. Use two to three hairpins to secure.
- Simply spritz with hairspray to hold.
For a Donut-Hole Style:
- Make the donut-hole shape by using a sock as your template. (Yes, a sock.) Start by cutting out the toe portion of a thick sock. Now the sock will be open on both ends. Roll the remaining portion into a circular tube. It should resemble a donut shape when you're through.
- Gather hair into a ponytail, securing it with an elastic. Now, insert the ponytail through the rolled sock, just as you would do with a scrunchie.
- Spread the hair over the edges of the sock, around the donut shape, completely covering the sock.
- Secure the donut-shaped bun with another elastic band. Now, wind the remaining hair around the bun, tucking and pinning as you go.
- Finish off with hairspray to hold.
Image Source: WireImage