It was the fourth episode of The City last night, and I'm still getting used to Whitney's new life in NYC — as I'm sure she is, too. As we all know, The Hills and The City are always good for some trendy hair, nail polish, and makeup shades, and after checking out last night's episode, "Good Things Come in Threes," I liked what I saw.
At Whitney's lavish apartment (seriously, how can she afford that?), she discussed her relationship with Jay, as Erin listened and dispensed advice. Miss Port's low-slung wrap-around ponytail was effortlessly stylish, and I've got some tips on recreating the look after the jump. Oh, and don't forget to check out geek's tech quiz and Fab's fashion quiz, while you're at it. To get the hairstyle how-to,
- This twisted pony is easier to achieve on day-old hair. If you need to rough up freshly washed hair, try a texturizing product like Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray ($23).
- Gather hair in a low ponytail, securing with an elastic band. Leave some face framing pieces out.
- Take about a half-inch to one-inch portion from the ponytail on each side, separating it from the rest of the ponytail. You will have three strands (one small chunk on the left, the main ponytail, and one small chunk from the right).
- Taking the small chunk from the left, wrap it around the entire ponytail, creating a ropelike effect. Secure the end with an elastic band and twist the ponytail up to the nape of your neck, holding it in place with bobby pins.
- Next, take the small chunk from the right and wrap it around the base of the ponytail. Tuck any loose hair in, and secure with bobby pins to finish. And you'll be a city girl, through and through.
Photo courtesy of MTV