- Instead of removing the polish, smooth away any ragged edges with a nail file or buffer. Use a light touch so you don't scrub off the nail polish.
- Lay down one of the paper reinforcement stickers so that just the top half of the circle covers the bottom bit of your nail.
- Using a complementary color to the polish you already have on, paint the nail above the reinforcement, covering the chips and nicks.
- Let the polish dry a bit and then peel off the reinforcement to reveal your new half-moon manicure.
- Finish with a fast-drying top coat, like China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat ($6). Repeat with the rest of your nails.
Image Source: Corbis Images