For the November issue of Vogue, Anne Hathaway may talk about nude scenes and relationship deal breakers, but it's her Audrey Hepburn-inspired hairstyle that has all of Team Bella talking. Celebrity stylist Oribe, the creative force behind the twisted updo, says Anne was wonderful to work with. "She's very open, which really translates on camera," he says. "She’s a beautiful subject for a shoot and an amazing girl."
Behind the scenes, Oribe set the hair first before the makeup team got to work, calling the experience a group effort. "Everything works together to make it a great shoot," Oribe explains. "From being in Paris and working at the [Hôtel de] Crillon to seeing the beautiful clothes — the look just comes together from this inspiration. On top of everything, Anne is a major movie star, and all of these aspects propel you to tell a great story with her," he says.
Get Oribe's tips on how you can get Anne's classic-meets-modern hairstyle with lots (and lots) of modern texture, just keep reading.
- Blow hair out, keeping its natural texture.
- To add even more texture, apply Oribe Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray ($42) and use a one-inch curling iron to curl the entire head of hair.
- Brush the curls out, and then spritz with the brand's Dry Texturizing Spray ($39) at the roots for even more — you guessed it . . . texture. (I told you so.)
- Next, pull the hair up like you would do when creating a ponytail. Twist it into itself, securing with pins as needed.
- The less perfect, the better. Manipulate the hair around to get the look you want, tailoring it to your face.
- Use hairspray to give the style hold.