- Before drying and/or straightening your hair, apply a golfball-sized dollop of volumizing mousse, like Alterna Life Volumizing Spray Mousse ($21), from root to tip.
- Once your hair is dry, backcomb from the crown of your head to directly above your ears to create the necessary volume.
- Put on your headband — the thinner the better. Wraparound elastic bands are perfect for this look.
- Gather the rest of your hair high up on the back of your head, almost at the crown, and pin it under into a soft, messy bun.
- Go over the style with a healthy spray of super hold hairspray.
Image Source: WireImage