Precious is getting all kinds of rave reviews, as is the performance of actress Gabourey Sidibe, who plays the title character. Last night at the film's premiere, she had the most gorgeous semisheer red lip, and her subtle cat eye liner and luminous makeup were classic Hollywood starlet. To get this glam makeup style, just keep reading.
- For the shadow, a quad like Estee Lauder's Gold Opulence ($35) has all the colors you need. Start by applying cream shimmer shadow from lash line to brow bone.
- Then apply golden taupe shadow from lash line to crease. Lightly dust a cranberry shadow from the center of your lid to the outer edges.
- Then, using a damp brush, use a dark charcoal shadow as a liner to create the cat's eye line on your upper lid.
- Start by lining your entire mouth with a deep red lip liner, like Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Red Diva ($5).
- Follow with a thicker, pigmented gloss in a slightly more orange red, like L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss in Fiery ($10). Put more in the center of your bottom lip for extra pout.
- For glowing cheeks, start off by applying a cream luminizer, like Luminous Liquid All Over Face Glow in Copper ($12), to the apples and your upper cheekbones. Then, go from your apples to your temples with a sheer brick red blush, like Nars Cream Blush in Turkish Red ($25).