Jessica Alba decided to go with a minimalist makeup look for the 2007 Teen Choice Awards last night. And with skin like that and a gorgeous glow, who could blame her? The key to her look is a flawless face.
If you notice, she's barely wearing any makeup. I detect a lined upper lash, some bronzer, blush, lipstick and definitely mascara. Besides that, she either has great genes or some secret camouflaging techniques.
To find out my best guess at Jessica's perfect-looking makeup products,
- Primer: Since Jessica's pores are clear and she's got no unwanted shine to her skin, it leads me to believe that's she's wearing a mattifying primer. These products are great and they are easy to use. Before applying any makeup, use a small amount of something like Lola Refine Shine Anti-Shine Gel to fight greasy sweat and sebum. Wait a minute for it to absorb and then begin with your concealer.
- Face: Jessica's look is very natural. She is wearing a light concealer like DuWop Surface Concealer in Shell mostly just to brighten up the area under and around her eyes. She is also wearing a lightweight concealer such as Giorgio Armani Matte Silk Foundation in Natural Beige followed by a light dusting of Giorgio Armani Sheer Powder in shade 3 to set her skin.
- Cheeks: Jessica has a super-tan look. To get it, apply a powder bronzer such as Beauty Addicts HydraSUNRays Bronzer to your temple area, the sides of your cheeks, on the underside of your cheekbone and dust it lightly over your chin. Then add a pinky-apricot shimmer blush along your cheekbones for warmth.
- Eyes: Since her skin is the focal point of this look, her eyes are definitely downplayed. You can sweep a suede-colored shadow from lid to lash line and highlight under your brow bone with a touch of off white—or you can leave it alone altogether. However, lining your lashes is a must.
Jessica's upper lashes are lined only from the middle to the outer corners to create an eye-opening effect. For this look, you can use a liquid, cream, powder, felt-tip or pencil eyeliner - whatever you like best. Lastly, curl your lashes and apply two coats of black mascara to your upper lashes and one coat to your lower lashes.
- Brows: For this look, a groomed brow is essential. Jessica appears to be free of brow gels or heavy color. I would just fill them in with a little bit of Bourjois Precision Eyebrow Pencil and then brush them back into place.
- Lips: I love how easy Jessica's lips look. There are no traces of lip liner or even of gloss, just some nude, ultra-creamy lipstick. Try this shade of La Bella Donna Mineral Lipstick in Beloved to mimic her look!