Last week at a photo call for Iron Man 2, Scarlett Johansson had a total sex-kitten hairstyle. But last night at the flick's LA premiere, she opted for a more romantic look: a slightly messy take on a twisted bun. It's a beautifully fresh, unfussy updo that's perfect for events like weddings and parties.
See more pictures and get tips for re-creating this wavy bun when you read more.
- Apply a mattifying powder, like Stila Hair Refresher ($28), to dry hair to tone down the shine. This will also provide a base for your curls so they are easier to form.
- For slightly unkempt curls, first twist hair before using your curling iron. Or, you can always alternate the direction on which way you curl each strand for a similar effect. (If your hair is already curly, you can just skip this step, obviously.)
- Break up the curl with your fingers and spray your waves liberally with hair spray. Lightly tease your strands all over, focusing on the hairline to create lift.
- Gather the hair back into a loose, low-slung ponytail. Secure with an elastic. Create a bun by loosely wrapping the ponytail around the elastic, pinning to secure.
- For the finishing touches, use the end of a rattail comb to loosen up the style. Spray once more to accentuate the slightly disheveled appearance of this style.