- After you shampoo and condition your hair, use a towel to wring out as much of the excess water as you can.
- Apply a frizz serum or styling cream to seal the moisture into the hair. I like to use Neutrogena Triple Moisture Serum (available at most drugstores), but any styling product you like will do.
- Comb it through with a medium-wide tooth comb.
- Braid your hair and secure with an elastic hair band. If you can French braid, even better!
- Slap a clean towel on your pillow and go to bed. Be sure to use a clean towel. You don't want your face to be all over a dirty towel as you sleep.
- When you wake up: Undo the braid and separate hair pieces with your fingers. Do not use a brush or comb.
- Work a little pomade or texturizing styling product from about halfway down the length through the ends. I like Devachan Set Me Up! (I think they've changed the formula and renamed it Set Up and Above. Available at Ricky's/Ulta/Devachan.)
- Spritz a little medium-hold hairspray just to keep everything in place.
- If you're prone to major frizz, you can add a little bit of a smoothing product, but I think a little frizz with waves looks natural. Unless you're going to a photo shoot, who cares about a touch of frizz?
To find out the inspiration behind this particular style, be sure to check out the intro of this post. And don't forget, you can start a blog of your own, too. Just create your own site and share your own beauty tips. You could be featured right here on Bella.