- Get stained: Instead of wearing your usual lipstick and blush, try a lip and cheek stain like TheBalm Stainiac ($17). The color will last longer, and you won't end up with any weird streaking or fading as the night wears on.
- Prime time: Primer is absolutely vital if you want your makeup to stay in place all night. If you're going to be running around or dancing til morning, you're going to want a heavy-duty primer like VS Makeup PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer ($14).
- Put it up: It's a lot easier to keep an updo looking perky all night than it is to keep every hair in place if you're wearing it down. Try a French twist or a messy low bun for options that will stay perfectly in place for hours.
- Scrub down: If you want your skin to look fresh and glowy all night, remember to exfoliate in the shower with a scrub or brush. Hydrate with oil or your usual moisturizer afterwards to make your skin softer, too.
- Keep cool: The biggest contributor to ruining your hair and makeup at a holiday party? Your sweat. If you've got a choice between a chic little dress and that reindeer sweater, choose the option that's going to let you bust a move without melting into a very festive puddle.