- Pick an accessory: Have a favorite chunky bracelet, belt, or ring? It doesn't have to be just shoes to make this look pop. But to avoid going overboard, just keep it to one accessory.
- Go bold: For maximum impact, pick a lipstick shade with a punchy effect, like bold raspberry, intense red, or even the latest orange-toned shades. For a cohesive look, you can keep your entire ensemble either all warm or all cool; but for something unexpected, match a cool lipstick and accessory with a warm-toned outfit, and vice versa.
- Simplify: Tone down the rest of your makeup for a chic finish. Champagne-toned shadow, a blush that mimics your natural flush, and a few swipes of mascara are all you really need.
- Custom blend: Can't get the perfect lipstick shade you want? Create your own blend with lip products you already own.
- Match, but don't match everything: The trick is to keep everything clean and simple to avoid cluttering up the look. Red lipstick, shoes, purse, and nails can become too busy.