- Metallic shadow will light up your face and give you plenty of sparkle, so keep the rest of your makeup low-key.
- Nude, matte lipstick is a classic complement to a sparkly eye and will keep your look from getting overstated.
- Waterline the rims of your lids with waterproof black before you sweep on your shadow. This will define your eyes without making them look heavily made up.
- Choose a metal that accentuates your undertones. If you have a warm skin tone, golds and bronzes will look amazing on you, while cool undertones look lovely with gunmetal or shiny slate blue. Silver is a neutral color that looks good on everyone.
- If you want to make the look more wearable for daytime, use a shadow shade that's lighter or about the same depth as your skin tone. Skin-toned shadows can carry all the metallic glamour of darker shades without overemphasizing your lids.
Image Source: Getty