Pink eye shadow is a high-fashion trend, but the way it's done on the runway doesn't generally transition well to real life. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see Keri Hilson wearing this lovely Indian pink and champagne eye makeup combination. It's subtle but pretty, really accentuates her eye color, and makes the trend perfectly wearable. So to find out how you can replicate the look, just keep reading.
- Start by applying a shimmery, neutral-hued eye shadow primer (like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin, $18) from lash line to just under your brow bone.
- Then, waterline the upper and lower rims of your lids with a waterproof black liner pencil like Mark No Place to Run Longwear Eyeliner in Jet Set ($8).
- Sweep a topaz shadow like Nyx Single Eye Shadow in Taupe ($6) from the inner corner of your upper lid to directly above the center of your iris.
- Follow by applying your orange-pink shadow like Topshop Eyeshadow Duo in Oopsy Daisy ($12) from above your iris out just past your lash line, and blend.
- Go over your upper lash line with a black liquid liner like L'Oreal Telescopic Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black ($9), and then finish up with several coats of black mascara on your upper lashes.