I've always admired Demeter Fragrance Library, the perfumer best known for bottling surprisingly good-smelling scents like Gin & Tonic, Laundromat, and Dirt. Now, Demeter has partnered with another company known for its rather wacky varieties: Jelly Belly.
Eating one Jelly Belly jelly bean at a time is yummy, but Jelly Belly aficionados know the pleasure of combining different flavors to create "recipe" combinations for new gourmet taste sensations. Devised with definite flavors and proportions in mind, Jelly Belly jelly bean recipes provided the inspiration for creating the Jelly Belly Collection by Demeter Fragrance Library.
Each cologne spray is available in a 1-ounce bottle ($20) or a 4-ounce version ($39.50), and the line also includes shower gels and lotions. For details on the recipes that inspired each scent, read more
- Sugar and Spice: hot cinnamon, spicy jalapeno pepper, bubble gum, and tutti-fruitti.
- Blueberry Muffin: blueberry and buttered popcorn.
- Mango Pineapple Salsa: mango, crushed pineapple, jalapeño.
- Wild Blackberry Peach Cobbler: wild blackberry, peach, lemon.
- Fruit Salad: tangerine, juicy pear, raspberry, peach.
- Hot Fudge Sundae: French vanilla, very cherry, chocolate pudding, cream soda.
I'm most interested to try the Mango Pineapple Salsa and Hod Fudge Sundae. What about you?