Jennifer Connelly arrived for her appearance on Letterman last night wearing some of the most elegantly pretty makeup I've seen lately. She combined a lightly glittering rose-gold lip with luminized cheeks and a defined eye that was bold without being thick. To get tricks for pulling this off at home, just read more.
- This look is all about the lashes and lash line, so begin by waterlining the upper and lower rims of your eyes with a waterproof black pencil, pulling it out across the inner corners to make the look more dramatic. Then, draw a medium-thickness line across your top lashline.
- Follow with several coats of volumizing mascara on both the upper and lower lashes.
- Sweep a slightly sparkly gold shadow, like Sally Girl Mini Baked Eye Shadow in Gold ($1), between the lash line and crease.
Cheeks and lips:
- Brush a powder luminizer like Benefit Powderflage ($21) under your eyes and on the apples of your cheeks.
- For natural-looking texture and bright color, follow with a turkish red cream blush, like this Nars cream blush ($25), on the apples of your cheeks.
- On lips, start out by filling yours in with a rose lip liner, like L'Oreal Crayon Petite Lip Liner in Roses/Mauves ($8.50).
- Then, sweep over a light layer of shimmering gold gloss, like CoverGirl Queen Collection Lip Gloss in Copper Bliss ($5.50).