Origins and Scottish singer KT Tunstall have joined forces in support of Project Sunshine, a non-profit that helps children and families dealing with AIDS, cancer, and other serious medical conditions. Tunstall had been searching for a company to partner with and felt that Origins was the best fit, because of its organic style and earth-friendly products. When Tunstall became the face of Origins, the singer and the brand chose Project Sunshine as their charity of choice.
Every time Origins opens a new store, it donates 10 percent of the first day's sales to the local Project Sunshine chapter. On Monday, Tunstall will play at Project Sunshine's annual gala, and the Empire State Building will be lit in yellow in support of the charity.
To read about Tunstall's five favorite Origins products,
- A Perfect World White Tea Skin Guardian ($32.50 for one ounce and $49.50 for 1.7 ounces) is a serum that helps preserve the youthful look of your skin by fighting oxidation and dehydration, and it smells absolutely divine. Use it morning and night underneath your moisturizer.
- A Perfect World Intensely Hydrating Body Cream with White Tea ($30) is a delightfully creamy lotion that makes your skin feel silky smooth and keeps it nice and taut.
- Pinch Your Cheeks ($10) is a tinted liquid cheek gel that gives you a very natural-looking glow. Dab a little bit on your cheekbones and quickly blend outward in a circular motion.
- Halo Effect ($12.50) is an instant luminizer for your face and body. Every gal needs one of these in her makeup bag and this one happens to be really lightweight, and it smells like citrus fruits!
- Flower Fusion Hydrating Lip Color ($15) is made with floral extracts and floral waxes to create an ultra-creamy lipstick that feels great and lasts long. It is available in 24 shades.