Over the past few years, Kate Mara has amassed a rather impressive resume, and over the weekend, while premiering her latest flick, HappyThankYourMorePlease at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, she wore a rather impressive fresh-faced makeup look to boot.
While BuzzSugar is excited about the film, I'm excited about Kate's flattering, warm-tone palette, which complements her copper locks beautifully but would look great with just about any hair color and skin tone. Find out how to re-create the look at home, straight from makeup artist Jeffrey Paul, when you keep reading.
- Prep: Paul prepped Mara's face using Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($31). While still damp, he then massaged in La Mer The Moisturizing Gel Cream ($230) to any dry spots.
- Eyes: As a base, Paul applied Jouer Age-Repairing Perfector ($34) to the lids with a foundation brush. Next, using the Dior 5-Color Eye Shadow in Beige Massai ($56), he applied the soft brown shade to the lash line, up to the crease. The deepest brown tone was then swept onto the crease, and the ivory tone was used to highlight the brow bone. Black mascara finished off the look.
- Complexion: "The key with this look is keeping it fresh and moist," says Paul. "The Jouer Face Perfector is moist and sheer. Use [it] all over the face with a foundation brush — especially around nose and eyes," he adds.
- Cheeks: To give a tint to the cheeks, Paul used Joeur Tint ($20), a cream blush with a sheer finish.
- Lips For just a bit of color, Paul lightly tapped Dior Serum de Rouge Tinted Lipstick in Coral ($32) onto the lips. "Since the serums are hydrating you can add a bit of color by dabbing, or a lot of color by applying like a lipstick," he recommends.