Even though the warmest season of the year is officially over in just a few days, that doesn't mean we can't still talk about sunglasses, right? I'd venture to say that even though the temperatures may dip, the majority of us wear sunglasses year-round, depending on how much the sun decides to shine. If you're like me, you probably put your sunglasses on your head, but this can cause some major styling hassles: hair caught in the hinges, dents in your hair, frizz, etc. So I've put together a few tips to keep your hair looking great and dent-free. Just keep reading.
- Skip the mousse. It may volumize like whoa, but it fails under the weight of your frames, creating those weird dents in hair. Substitute a root-lifting spray, like Nexxus Root Exxtend ($14), instead.
- Avoid frizz by working a little shine-enhancing serum, like ghd Shining Serum ($18), from the ends upward. It's almost weightless so it won't make your hair look greasy, and it'll keep your glasses from ratting up your hair. One word of warning: women with very fine, light hair should skip this one. Even a little product at the roots is probably too much in your case.
- Pull your hair back off your face and secure it firmly. There's no better way to keep your hair perfectly coiffed while wearing shades.
- Wear braids. They stay in place and won't be ruined by your shades.
- Try a center part; it'll keep your hair from looking uneven and your sunglasses won't undo your styling.