Our Little Ms. Rock n' Roll Kate Hudson plays Penny Lane - a "band aid" in the wonderful 2000 movie Almost Famous. In this memorable roll, Kate portrays a groupie that trails a rock n' roll band on their cross country tour.
This endearing role put Kate on the map. Her winning charm and cool rocker chick style have made her very famous! Further enhancing her rock n' roll persona, later that year, Kate married real life rocker, Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes. Unfortunately, they have since broken up.
No matter who she dates, or what role she is playing, Kate has a hippie luxe style all her own. She's not afraid to try new looks and she's got the cute bod to wear anything she wants!
As we all know, achieving the "natural look" is anything but natural. A lot of products go into creating a glowing, perfect complexion. To find out how to recreate Penny Lane's look from Louis Burwell, the film's makeup artist,
- Begin with a light foundation and a brightening concealer. Here Kate is wearing YSL Touche Eclat #2 and it has been carefully yet liberally applied under her eyes and on her lids. Personally, I also love YSL's Perfect Foundation.
- Set your concealer and foundation with a light dusting of loose ivory powder. Kate has on Lancome Dual Finish Fragrance Free Versatile Powder in Matte Porcelain.
- On her cheeks, she is wearing RCMA Cheek Color in blush pink. This adds just a bit of natural warmth to pale skin.
- On Kate's eyes, she has on a natural taupe color such as Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Matte Taupe which was applied to her eyes with little dots of color in between her lashes to give her eyes some definition.
- Louis used Lancome Aquacils Mascara in Brown/Black on her lashes. This is no longer in production, however, try Lancome Difinicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Brown for a similar shade.
- Lastly, a variety of colors were applied to Kate's lips here, but the main color used was Guava Stain by Clinique. You can also try any number of sheer lip tints too. Party on!