Since it's almost Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share some tips for looking seductive in your skivvies. After all, you never know when Cupid's arrow will inspire you to disrobe. (Hopefully, it will be while you're on a date, and not during, say, jury duty.) So without further ado, I present seven ways to look better naked. Cue the Barry White...
1. Tell your inner critic to zip it. If you want to feel good in your own skin, you've got to silence any critical thoughts. So instead of worrying about a little thigh jiggle, focus instead on what you do like. Of course, feeling good about our bodies is usually an ongoing process, but every little bit of positivity helps. These suggestions can help you stop picking apart your appearance and start enjoying what you've got.
2. Wax smart. Since waxing often leaves skin red and irritated, the best time to have a bikini wax is three or more days before you plan to frolic in the nude. And this isn't just about aesthetics, either; allowing your skin a few days to recover will be more comfortable for you.
3. ... Or don't. Some women wax their nether regions, and others don't. Either way is fine. You'll look better if you feel confident, and one way to do that is to be happy with what you have (er, or what you don't have).
For four other ways to look cute in your birthday suit,
4. Exfoliate before the date. Whether you just give skin a good scrubbing with a washcloth, or you go for a granular scrub, get rid of dead skin. Be sure to do this before you shave; otherwise, you could be in for some stinging or irritation. For years, I've been a fan of Lush's Buffy bar, which exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time.
5. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. After taking a shower, gently pat your skin dry with a towel. Then, apply a body lotion. If you really want to get fancy, add a few drops of liquid bronzer to the lotion before application; this will give a subtle glow to your skin.
6. Soften the focus. A little bit of translucent powder can minimize imperfections on your face by reflecting light off of it. The same goes for your decolletage.
7. Shimmer, don't sparkle. Glitter is a bit too flashy for Valentine's Day. Instead, use shimmer to highlight your cheekbones, collarbone, and decolletage. You can use the lotion trick mentioned above, or use a powder option. (Jane makes an inexpensive option that comes with a cute powder puff.)