Mardi Gras is one of the few times of the year where excess reigns supreme. Besides Halloween, there's never a more perfect time than now to show off your adventurous spirit. From some beautifully tame options to some wilder, glimmery finds, here are five ways you can get your Mardi Gras on right now:
- With a royal purple eye shadow: The best part about Paula Dorf's Eye Color in Mardi Gras ($20) is that its flattering plum color will also look gorgeous the other 364 days of the year.
- With some flashy lashes: They're a bit kitschy, but once these metallic Mardi Gras false lashes ($13) hit your eyes, it'll feel so good.
- With sequined masks: Nothing screams Mardi Gras quite like a mask of green, gold, and purple, and these cat-eye masks ($3) fit the bill nicely.
- With a pleasing perfume holder: Dale Tiffany's swirly Mardi Gras perfume bottle ($63) is not just pretty to look at, but it would make an excellent gift/temporary booze container, too.
- With the a trifecta of New Orleans-inspired makeup: Bare Escentuals' Leslie Blodgett was inspired to create BareMinerals Where It's at: The Royal Treatment ($28) after visiting the Big Easy. The three-piece makeup kit comes with: King Eye Color, a peachy sheen; Crown Eye Color, a deep sea teal; and Lip Gloss in Beignet, and opal peach.