What makes this Laura Mercier Lip Colour Stickgloss ($20) so cool? It's part lip balm, part lipstick, and part lip gloss — all rolled into the solid form of a lipstick.
This is a great product for young women or even teenagers who want a light wash of lip color with a natural makeup look. I tried on the Brown Sugar shade over the weekend and fell in love with the creamy texture, which was high in shine and ultra-sheer. Better yet, it makes your lips feel moist, and the color stays on longer than a traditional lip gloss.
Stickgloss is made with all kinds of goodness, too: Vitamins A, C, E, plus lanolin and aloe Vera to protect lips from drying out. Stickgloss is available in twelve shades. For a swatch and a description of each,
- Peach Sorbet is a sheer, red coral shade
- Sugar Plum is a sheer brown pink shade
- Baked Earth is a warm brownish red color
- Black Orchid is a very sheer neutral black cherry shade
- Brown Sugar is sheer pinky-brown shade, slightly more nude than Sugar Plum
- Cranberry is a red plum color
- Maple is an earth red shade
- Patchouli is a light, nude brown
- Peony is an aubergine-plum shade
- Poppy is a bright coral rose shade
- Purple Haze is a bright, bubble gum pinky - plum color
- Rosewater is a super-soft sheer pink shade