When you have stunning amber-colored eyes like Nikki Reed's, any makeup artist around will want to play them up. And that's exactly what celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh (who has also worked with celebrities like Isla Fisher and Katie Holmes) did for Nikki's red carpet look at the recent Teen Vogue Young Hollywood party. Thanks to the neutral tones Quynh used, however, this popping palette would wear well with most eye colors. Find out how to re-create this amazing amber eye makeup look at home when you read more.
- Quynh started by prepping Nikki's lids with a primer so that her eye makeup would wear well without smudging throughout the night.
- Then, she applied I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Biscotti ($5) to the inner corners of Nikki's eyes as a highlighter.
- Next, she smudged Java shadow ($5) along the upper lash line.
- To tie it together, Quynh used Tiki shadow ($5) on the lid and on the bottom lash line. Tip: Use an angled contour eye shadow brush to soften the shadow, bringing it upward into the crease for added drama.
- She finished by waterlining her inner lids with No Place to Run Eyeliner in Foxy Brown ($6) and by adding two coats of black mascara to the lashes.