OPI is one of my favorite nail polish brands of all time. I love the sassy names and stay-put lacquers, and the colors in its new Australia Collection for Summer 2007 are to die for! The line consists of twelve nail lacquers ($7.50 each), ranging in color from bright to metallic to neutral. The vivid colors are sporty and sexy; the dark shades are very in style right now; and the lighter shades are great for a sheer summer look. My favorite shade is Kangarooby (pictured).
What's even cooler is that OPI has changed its brushes, inventing a new, wider shape designed to hold more polish, spread color more evenly, and prevent streaking. A few of the nail colors also have corresponding lip liners and lipsticks, which sell for $10. To read about each of the 12 shades in the OPI Australian Collection,
- Fit for a Queensland: A light white opalescent polish.
- Canberra’t Without You: A bare nude shimmery shade.
- Fair Dinkum Pinkum: A feminine sparkling pink polish.
- Red Hot Ayers Rock: A deep classic red color.
- Koala Bear-y: A polish that falls between plum and hot pink.
- Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It: A bold red-orange shade.
- A True Ab-Original: A smooth coral glittery color.
- Kangarooby: A deep ruby-red hue.
- Suzi Loves Sydney: A sophisticated deep wine shade.
- Brisbane Bronze: A golden brown that reminds me of tanning oil.
- Don’t Melbourne the Toast: A warm pink-brown polish.
- Didgeridoo Your Nails: A very bright mauve shade.