Find out how to get Penelope's Oscars hairstyle, along with more tips from Oribe, when you read more.
The look was about creating soft texture, Oribe explained. To try the style at home, follow these steps:
- First, blow-dry your hair. "For this particular type of style, you don't have to worry about getting your hair perfectly straight," Oribe says. "Just get it dry."
- Use a 1½-inch barrel curling iron to curl hair, then brush it well.
- Set the hair with antihumidity spray. Oribe used his own Imperméable ($38) to protect Penelope's hair. "An hour before the Oscars, a downpour came — with hail and everything," he said. "So you always want to protect your hairdo. You never know what nature has in store for you."
- Pull hair into a few twisted loops, keeping them even rather than asymmetrical. Secure with clear elastics or bobby pins.
- Pull out a few wispy strands of hair around the face and neck for what Oribe calls "baby softness."