To get my tips on pulling off a hot pink lip, just keep reading.
- What to Wear, What to Wear: Note how Eva wears a silvery-gray dress with her hot pink lips as to not compete with such a standout shade. The simpler the top the better.
- Matchy-Matchy: Keep the cheeks in the same color family as the lips to give the palette a cohesive finish. Try a cream blush, which has lots of pigment to keep the hue looking fresher longer.
- Mesmerizing Eyes: For a beautiful contrast, opt for just a touch of soft black liner and generous layers of dark mascara. Silvery shadow or a neutral bone or taupe shade will also be pleasing to the eye.
- Scared?: Too bold for you? Try a sheer formulation or gloss instead, but by all means, avoid a chalky or frosty finish. They can look dated.
- No Lines: Since this color is bolder and brighter, skip the liner. You'll get a more natural appearance as a result.
- Skin Tones: For fairer skin tones, think watermelon shades, and for darker tones, think brighter and bolder. If you're more on the warm-toned side, consider applying a soft coral gloss on top for a complementary finish.