Sandra Bullock is looking mighty fine these days. Did you catch her bright-eyed makeup at the MTV Movie Awards? I'm particularly digging the actress's slightly messy, voluminous ponytail, which she wore to the Los Angeles premiere of her new film, The Proposal. If you'd like to duplicate this fairly simple, stylish look, check out my how-to below for some inspiration:
- Create tousled locks by spritzing some Fekkai Marine Beach Waves ($23) on damp hair. Blow dry with a diffuser or let air dry.
- If more wave is desired, curl random pieces of hair for added volume.
- Part hair on the side and leave out about two inches of hair from the fringe area — you'll be adding it in later. Next, gather hair back into a ponytail just above the occipital bone. Be sure to leave some hair out around your nape.
- Next, pull back pieces from your fringe area into the pony. Secure with bobby pins. Focus on keeping the look casual and loose, twisting pieces on the heavy side of the part for a more dramatic effect.
- Tease the hair around your nape and randomly pin pieces up into the ponytail. Be creative. Finish off with a some Nick Chavez Volumizing Extra Hold Hair Spray ($23).