To find out how Beauty & the Blog re-created the look, just keep reading.
Materials: U-pins, straws, and bobby pins.
- Section the hair in one-fourth to half-inch triangular sections.
- Spray down the hair shaft with a working spray and comb to smooth.
- Wrap the hair in and out around a bended straw or U-pin like a figure 8, [and] secure in through the bottom middle with a bobby pin (the smaller the section and U-pin, the tighter the 'fro).
- Heat with a portable hood dryer for five to 10 minutes, let cool 15-20 minutes. (If you are not using straws or anything meltable for that matter — heat each with a flat iron.)
- Remove the bobby pin and gently pull the end of the hair while sliding out the U-pin/straw from the top.
- Brush out with a comb-out brush.
Image Source: Getty