We're only two weeks into the new year. How are your resolutions coming along? If you're like me and haven't made any yet, it's not too late. These ideas will help you look good and feel great — so try one or try them all.
- Get more sleep. It's not called beauty sleep for nothin'. Aim to get seven or eight hours of sleep each night, and you'll see those puffy under-eye circles fade before you know it.
- Eat more vegetables. To keep your skin looking as healthy and youthful as possible, load up on antioxidant-rich vegetables and fruits. Eat them raw to enjoy the most nutrition, or saute vegetables in a bit of olive oil — which Dr. Murad recommends for healthy skin.
- Quit smoking. Cutting out cigarettes has countless benefits, but here are a few to remind you: No more stinky hair. Fewer wrinkles around the mouth. Whiter teeth. Just quit!
- Replace soda with water. The jury is out on whether drinking water does anything for your skin, but it's a healthier choice than soda. And if you need a little flavor, try green tea, whose antioxidants can help.
- Try something new. If you're stuck in a style rut, branch out. Get bangs, try a bold eye shadow, or go without makeup altogether. At the very least, you'll get out of your routine.
- Wear sunscreen. You knew this one was coming, but only because it's such an important thing to do! Day in, day out, make SPF 30 your friend. You'll be protected from the sun's damaging rays, which means you'll wind up with fewer wrinkles and age spots in the long run.