If you're going out for a night on the town and you want to look your sexiest, the surest way to achieve that look through makeup is with a smoky eye. The standard smoky eye look is created using heavy black or dark charcoal colors, but now cosmetics companies are also creating deep hues of blues and purples to play up your eye color and really make you look irresistible. (Tune in later today to read about the best smoky eye kits.) Here's how to get the look.
- Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your entire eyelid, then sweep the lightest color in the palette all over your eye.
- Next, apply a medium eyeshadow shade from your lash line to the crease of your eye and blend well.
- Then, use your crease brush to gently apply the darkest to your crease. Again, blend well.
For the rest of the tips,
- If desired, dab a light amount of sheer shimmer shadow to your brow bone.
- Draw a thin line with your eyeliner very close to your lashes. For a smokier look, smudge the line, or leave it untouched for a more defined effect.
- For a finishing touch, line the inner rims of you lower eyelid.
- Finally, add two coats of black mascara to really smoke em' out.
Keep in mind that when you have a heavy eye, you'll want to aim for light, flawless skin with a touch of bronzer and pale blush. Also, be sure to downplay your lips by using a light, nude lip color.