The following post was written by Trisha from Stuff I Love Blog and is part of POPSUGAR Select Beauty. Stuff I Love Blog features reviews on a wide array of products, from makeup and perfume to books and music.
Achieving the perfect Summer glow can be difficult if you don't have the right beauty products. That's why I've put together a list of my favorite Summer makeup essentials, along with a few tips on how to use each product to get the look.
1. Stellar from Pelle Beauty ($29) — Stellar is a fast-drying, multitasking facial oil that I use every day as a makeup primer. The beauty of using Stellar as a makeup primer is it helps reduce the amount of foundation or beauty balm you need to use because the foundation can move seamlessly over the skin. This in turn helps you save money over time, and who doesn't love that?
2. Luminizing Moisture Tint from Jouer ($38) — My go-to foundation for the past two years has been this Luminizing Moisture Tint from Jouer because it blends in perfectly and gives skin a healthy-looking glow. To use, simply apply a pearl-sized amount to your finger and dab it all over your face. Blend it in using your fingertips, being careful not to get any in your eyes. For extra coverage on problem areas, simply add a little more of the Luminizing Moisture Tint to the spot and blend it in. Get the rest of Trisha's must-try makeup recommendations when you read more.
3. Kitten Eye Shadow from Stila ($18) — Adding a little shimmer to your eyelids is a must during the Summer and Stila's Kitten Eye Shadow is my favorite product to achieve this look. Plus, this neutral shade would look lovely on any skin tone. To apply, grab your favorite makeup brush, swipe it over the powder, and apply the eye shadow to your entire eyelid — all the way up to your brow line. For even more shimmer, use the brush to apply a little eye shadow just above your tear duct.
4. 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil from Urban Decay ($19) — To add a subtle pop of color to my eyes, I love using Urban Decay's 27/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Psychedelic Sister, which is a fun shade of purple. If you've never used a colorful eyeliner before, you may be pleasantly surprised by how fabulous it looks. There are colors that look better on certain eye colors: blue makes blue eyes look bluer, gold makes green eyes glisten, and in my case, purple enhances the deep tones in my brown eyes. Applying this eyeliner is super easy because the tip literally glides over your skin, which makes my sensitive eyes very happy!
5. Amaryllis Cheek Tint from Jouer ($20) — Having a natural, sun-kissed look without sitting in the hot sun is easy with Amaryllis Cheek Tint from Jouer. The beauty of using a cheek tint is you can control how little or how much you use. For a more natural look, just apply a dab of tint to your fingertip and swipe it along your cheekbone and blend it in using an upward motion. You want the tint to look natural, so start with a little and add more as you go along if needed. For an even more sun-kissed look, add a tiny bit of tint to the bridge of your nose and you'll be all set.
6. Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara from Tarte ($19) — The best way to make your eyes stand out is to add a little mascara, and the best one of the market is Lights, Camera, Lashes from Tarte. With just one swipe, Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara darkens and lengthens lashes, but best of all, it never clumps.
7. Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm from Dior ($31) — Having the perfect lip tint is the last step in achieving a flattering Summer glow. My absolute favorite product is Lip Glow Color Reviver from Dior because it creates the ideal shade based on your chemistry. That's right: this amazing lip balm actually responds to the color chemistry of your own lips to create a shade that's uniquely yours. The end result is a natural tint that is flawless every time.
Now that I've shared all my favorite Summer makeup essentials with you, it seems only fitting that I share a photo of myself actually wearing it all. As you can see, my makeup look is a little on the natural side, but it's Summer. Glow wild if you want to!