Ah, Summer is officially here, which means apart from swapping out boots for sandals, it's time to switch up our beauty routines. Whether your Summer plans include catching some waves at the beach or filling up your social calendar with daytime BBQs and nights out on the town, here are five tips to ensure your makeup looks flawless through it all.
1. Prime: Keep makeup from slipping and sliding all over the place by pressing a good face primer into the skin. Benefit's POREfessional ($31) not only prolongs the wear of your makeup, but it also blurs out those enlarged pores for a smooth, flawless canvas.
2. Powder: Have an oily T-zone? Set all of your face makeup with a heavy-duty powder. Opt for a translucent one like the e.l.f. High Definition Powder ($6) to ensure you're simply setting your masterpiece rather than adding more color. And if you're an avid selfie-taker, you'll appreciate the HD effect this powder has!
3. BB Cream: When it comes to applying makeup during the summer time, less is more. Kick heavy foundations to the curb and go for a lightweight BB Cream like the Diorskin Nude BB Creme ($44). Brownie points if it has SPF in it!
4. Eye Primer: Just like your face, your eyes need some priming, too. MakeUp For Ever's Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Colors ($23) comes in a range of Summer-friendly colors that'll make your shadows pop and all of your eye makeup last — a double threat!
5. Waterproof Mascara: Nothing is worse than sporting smudged mascara through all of your Summer festivities. Avoid this makeup mishap by throwing on some waterproof mascara like the Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes 4-in-1 Waterproof Mascara ($20). Your lashes will thank you!