With her platinum blond hair and cool-girl style, celebrity colorist Marie Robinson has an ultrahip vibe about her — much like Bella beauty icon Kate Lanphear. Marie has an equally cool résumé to boot, having worked with A-listers such as Kristen Stewart, Scarlett Johansson, and Anne Hathaway. When it comes to at-home color, Marie says there are a few essentials to have on hand to make your DIY job go all the more smoothly. To get her must haves, just keep reading.
- Old towels you won't worry about staining.
- An old button-up shirt that is easy to take off so you don't have to worry about pulling a shirt over your head.
- Extra disposable gloves — just in case.
- Vaseline to put around your hairline so you keep the hair color from your skin.
- Butterfly clips to section hair and make your application consistent.
- Shampoo and conditioner for color-treated hair
More to come from Marie, including tips on getting salon-quality color at your own home.