- Old towels you won't worry about staining.
- An old button-up shirt that is easy to take off so you don't have to worry about pulling a shirt over your head.
- Extra disposable gloves — just in case.
- Vaseline to put around your hairline so you keep the hair color from your skin.
- Butterfly clips to section hair and make your application consistent.
- Shampoo and conditioner for color-treated hair
More to come from Marie, including tips on getting salon-quality color at your own home.
Image Source: Thinkstock