Summertime always breeds safe, fun, sunless bronzing products and I've noticed that a few of the new bronzing-powder compacts contain more than one shade in them. The idea is to create a healthy-looking glow, and I suppose the gradation of colors is a way to achieve that look. Instead of having a flat tan all over your face, the variation of shades creates a more natural effect. Here are five new multicolor powder bronzers on the market for Summer 2008 for you to check out.
- Shiseido The Makeup Multi-Shade Enhancer ($35) contains five shades of shimmery bronzer. Blended together, it can be worn on your face and body and used separately it can double as eye shadows or a highlighter. Also, it is available in two shades.
- Caribbean in a Compact in Sun Bunny ($25) is a dual-shaded bronzer made from silky, light-reflecting powders. Each of the colors can be worn individually or layered together.
- Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer ($28) is a multishaded terracotta baked bronzer that can be used on your face or your body. This marbelized makeup also contains a brush and mirror on the lower level of the compact.
- Sephora Summer Safari Bronzer ($16) is a powder bronzer available in two animal prints depending on your skin tone. Giraffe is light and zebra is dark and coppery. Blend the shades together for a bright, glowy complexion.
- Smashbox Desert Chic Fusion Body Bronzing Powder and Brush Set ($55) contains four tan and bronze shades and comes with a mini-kabuki brush. This oversized bronzer can be worn on your face and body for a healthy, glowing tan.