Roses, peonies, gardenias . . . all plausible options for a Mother's Day  bouquet. But these tulips are something she'll never expect. Pro manicurist Jin Soon Choi whipped up this tulip design just in time for you to test it out on your mom (or yourself) this weekend. You might have to explain the whole nail art revolution to her, but it's definitely worth it to get tips like this.
- File and shape your nails to a natural square shape.
- Apply a base coat like Jin Soon Power Coat  ($18).
- Apply Jin Soon Dolly Pink  ($18) on the entire nail bed.
- With a thin brush, create the tulip petals with Jin Soon Cherry Berry  ($18). Starting at the cuticle area, draw a straight line down toward the tip of the nail, curving left three-fourths of the way down to create an arch, and then fill in the shape. Repeat on the right side of the same nail to create a mirroring shape.
- Apply top coat like Jin Soon Top Gloss  ($18) for a lasting glossy finish.
Jin Soon Cherry Berry  ($18)
Jin Soon Dolly Pink  ($18)