- Label maker: If there are multiple people in your home, you can always use polish to color-code and individualize everything, from clothing tags to toothbrushes. And if you're so inclined, use polishes to color-code your bills and files for easier sorting.
- The key to keychain success: If you have keys on your keychain that look identical, differentiate them with a swipe of polish.
- Touch-ups: Cracked vases, chipped pottery, and/or scuff marks on shoes can all benefit from a steady hand and artfully applied polish.
- Give it away: If you've got a teenager in your life, let her go through your stash of polish and pick her favorite shades.
- Get crafty: Bring some life back to old picture frames or add some colorful detail to a tired old lamp. Just use your imagination.
- Coming undone: Buttons that constantly fall off are annoying, but with just a swipe of coordinating polish, you can affix the end of the unraveling thread to the button for good.